Hidalga

2018 Green Eggs & Ham

39 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, W. K. said:

What days are the chili mixer and gumbo dinner?  I don't know if I'll be in for all week.

W.K., Hidalga is traveling with limited wifi connections as she indicates in post # 14. However, I believe based on prior itirations of the rally, both events that you are asking about happen early on. If not mistaken, the chili is Wednesday and the Gumbo is Friday. However being that I am not hosting the event this year, I'm sure Hidalga will get back with you with a definitive answer shortly (no pun intended). Traditionally the Pot Luck has always been Saturday but I can not provide you a definitive answer on that either. Hidalga is very diligent and I'm sure she'll come up on the radar soon. Hope this helps your planning. Best. Shorty sends... 

First Timers!  Looking forward to attending the Green Eggs and Ham Rally.  Just reserved a site (30).  We will be arriving Monday March 12, 2018 for 7 nights.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Mike&Donna said:

First Timers!  Looking forward to attending the Green Eggs and Ham Rally.  Just reserved a site (30).  We will be arriving Monday March 12, 2018 for 7 nights.

I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time! Best. Shorty sends...

1 person likes this

Just reserved site 47 the 12th - 19th.  Hope everyone likes blueberry pie!

2 people like this

Laura and I reserved site 037 for 13th departing the 18th.  Looks like the campground is booking fast.

Recreation.gov says there are no CATOMA loop sites available (except for First-Come-First-Served) Mar 14th thru 18th.

The other ANTI loop across the lake still has sites.

5 hours ago, W. K. said:

Recreation.gov says there are no CATOMA loop sites available (except for First-Come-First-Served) Mar 14th thru 18th.

The other ANTI loop across the lake still has sites.

From a purely participant perspective THAT'S GREAT!!! :-) 

1 person likes this

On September 12, 2017 at 3:47 PM, W. K. said:

What days are the chili mixer and gumbo dinner?  I don't know if I'll be in for all week.

Hi WK,

The schedule won't be posted until about a month away from the rally. We're going to try and keep it as traditional as the past years, but nothing is carved in stone just yet. 

It’s happening! We have many rally sign ups coming in. If you haven’t RSVPed and paid a rig fee yet, please realize that several folks are currently at work on the rally and we need your full registration sooner than later.

Budgets for things like your social morning coffee, gumbo feast, chili feast, firewood, welcome bags, etc. are being planned in 2017. The longer you wait to fully register, the less we can plan to accommodate you in the rally.

That’s how event planning rolls, folks. An earlier notice contributes to more participating fun.

Please follow the three simple steps to make this grand event happen. For the many of those of you that have already completed the registration process, THANK YOU!

If you need assistance in completing registration, please contact Jeannine through email, found at: 

http://www.rvcompass.com/GEHrally/contact.html

On September 15, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Huevo Movil said:

From a purely participant perspective THAT'S GREAT!!! :-) 

That is great but not reflective in the current sign up numbers. It appears on paper that this will be a very small rally, although Catoma is completely booked for the rally weekend.

I'm thinking we'll have to make a VIP level for those who complete the basic 2 steps of paying and signing up. No full registration, no food served to you. I've got tickets, wristbands etc. to differentiate engaged rally attendees from other campers just wanting to freeload off our efforts and not contribute.

I may also increase the rig fee after the New Year to give all the good planners the early bird special. 

2 people like this

In the intrest of fiscal transparaency I ackowledge receipt of the following funds:

Check # 8716, Coleman, Notasulga, AL $12.00

Check # 6746, Finnell, Signal Mountain, TN $10.00

No site numbers were provided, as such payments have been filed by last name. These funds will be added to the remaining funds from last years event and will coalesced with 2018 rig fee payments. Any questions please feel free to ask. 

Best. Shorty sends...

32 minutes ago, Huevo Movil said:

In the intrest of fiscal transparaency I ackowledge receipt of the following funds:

Check # 8716, Coleman, Notasulga, AL $12.00

Check # 6746, Finnell, Signal Mountain, TN $10.00

Thanks Shorty. You can email me in regards to any future checks by attendees. We'll further discuss at the King of the Wild Frontier rally while we're chilling out, sipping beer and Eggshells is over with!

Stanley family from Florida received your rig fee payment check. Thanks. 

Best. Shorty sends...

P/S Hidalga I sent you info under separate cover. 

Out. Counting the days. 

1 person likes this

Trevillian family from Florida received your rig fee payment check. Thanks. 

Best. Shorty sends...

P/S Hidalga I sent you info under separate cover. 

Out. Departing on Sunday for the crab bacchanal!!! . 

signed uo 3/12 thru 3/18 site #079 cactus and 1