Sign in to follow this  
Tom&Joyce

2019 Kansas Eggstravaganza

Tom&Joyce

Save the dates:   9/9 – 10, 2019, pre-rally get together     9/11 – 9/15, 2019 Eggstravaganza XII

Jaygee

We were there two years ago and would love to make it again in 2019.  Have sites and site area been picked yet?  Look forward to seeing familiar faces again.  Mary & Jim G

Tom&Joyce

Current plans are for the usual campground, Farnum Creek COE Campground, Milford Lake.  Reservation can be made 6 months (to the day) ahead of your arrival date. 

saminmo

I believe you posted the calendar as XXII. This would be 22 not twelve.

Steve

bsedwebt

Looking to come to this one this year if all works out!

vargalu

cannot find info on Farnum Creek COE CG Do you have a phone #?  thanks 

saminmo
10 minutes ago, vargalu said:

cannot find info on Farnum Creek COE CG Do you have a phone #?  thanks 

Here is the Recreation.gov site: Link

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/234647

• Like 1

Tom&Joyce

Reservations can now be made for this year’s Kansas Eggstravaganza at Recreation.gov. 

We are once again gathering at Farnum Creek Campground, Milford Lake.

The dates are:    September 9 & 10, 2019, pre-rally get together        

September 11 – 15, 2019 Eggstravaganza XII                        

Tom

PRTexas

Ressie made.  Site 32 Sunday through Sunday.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Reine

SWISHER CASITA

We are scheduling to come Friday afternoon September 13th through Monday the 16th.  Reserved Site 30.  This will be our first time at Milford Lake's Farnum Creek Park.

Tom&Joyce

I just checked Recreation.gov

There are currently 2 sites available.

I only have 14 names so if you have a reservation please email me at tommcrae85@yahoo.com with your name(s), site number and dates attending.

Tom&Joyce

Kansas Eggstravaganza May 17 Update

As of a few minutes ago site A-44 was available. That is a very good site.

Currently the lake is around 20 feet above conservation level and all lakeside sites are under water.  With almost 4 months until the rally that should probably not be an issue. However, Joyce and I will continue to monitor the situation and if necessary we will come up with a plan “B”. The rally will NOT be canceled.

I have tried to pick up everyone who has posted on one of the forums that they have a site. I have 2 people telling me they are in the same site. I have either 14 or 15 names.

Only people on my (email) mailing list will receive a roster since I do not post it on public forums.

PRTexas

The lake may be high but summer's coming up. It should go down quite a bit over the summer.  We'll see you in September even if it's a plan B.

Reine

Tom&Joyce

June 8, 2019 Kansas Eggstravaganza Update

We just visited Farnum Creek Campground and the news is not good.  All the lower campsites in A-Loop are under water and B-Loop is completely under water. There 19 unable sites in A-Loop.  In the last few days the lake level has dropped about 1 foot, however, the damage has already been done. It is unlikely that repairs will be completed in time for the rally.  They may not even be done for next season.

We are now actively looking for a Plan B. 

Assuming most of the usable sites are reserved by rally people, we could just double up.  That would be close quarters for the smaller sites and only one camper could be plugged in at a time.

Since all other Milford Lake Corps campgrounds are closed and The State Park and Flag Stop are heavily impacted, local options are limited.  Acorn Acres is not impacted, but they do not have enough open sites available and they will not give us any price break. 

I need responses to the following from everyone who is planning to attend.

Are you willing to double up?

Are you willing to go to a commercial campground?

What price are you willing to pay at a commercial campground?

Will you boondock?

How far from Farnum Creek Campground are you willing to be?

If we can find an open Corps campground within 50 miles will you still attend?

Please email me at tommcrae85@yahoo.com.  Please Do Not Post your responses on a forum or Facebook.

20190609_151307_Film4.jpg

20190609_151223_Film4.jpg

PRTexas

Sent an email.  So sorry to see the flooding since I know more than just the campground must be impacted.

Reine