Sign in to follow this  
vermilye

Western Winter Blast Fireworks, Lake Havasu City, AZ Feb 10-17, 2020

vermilye

I know it is early, but since the camping area usually fills by December, and they only hold the sites folks were in this year until July 31 before making them available to all, I wanted to post some information about the 2020 Western Winter Blast.

The SARA Rodeo Grounds provides a dry campsite (a marked section of a parking lot large enough to include your trailer & tow vehicle and reasonable space between sites, central water fill stations are available, and scheduled pump outs & propane available) for a week (Monday February 10th to Monday February 17th, 2020) with 4 evenings of fireworks, both individual samples & shows for 4 hours, Thursday - Sunday. If the Dome Rock Rally is scheduled at the usual dates, this will be the week after the rally.

Cost is a non refundable donation to the Rodeo of $150.00 for the week, plus $30.00 if you want to add the three barbecue dinners. They will try to get us together as a group if you put "Fiberglass" in the group field when registering. We had 5 trailers in the fiberglass group this year. More information & registration is at Havasu Rodeo & Events.

For those not interested in staying in the park, there is a BLM area across AZ 95 from the rodeo grounds  that has a good view of the fireworks, however it is usually very packed.

I have a journal that includes links to lots of photos the 2019 event starting here.

Hope to see those interested at the event!

• Like 1

Boojie-Woojie

How was the weather up there for the fireworks? Quartzsite has been chilly and windier than hell...

vermilye

We had a bit of rain (well, for this area, more than a bit - 1.1") which turned the parking lot into a mud bath, but it dried in 2 days, and the fireworks were great, although a bit chilly!

I'll be back next year.

• Thanks 1

Pauler

Hi Jon

I'm thinking of going to the fireworks in February. 

Any info on the balloon festival camping in January is greatly appreciated.   I want to attend that also.

Thanks 

Paula...met you in Q 2019 at Dome rock.   

vermilye
8 hours ago, Pauler said:

Hi Jon

I'm thinking of going to the fireworks in February. 

Any info on the balloon festival camping in January is greatly appreciated.   I want to attend that also.

Thanks 

Paula...met you in Q 2019 at Dome rock.   

I hope you have already made a reservation.  The last time they contacted me there were only 10 slots left, and they finalized the positions for the 10 of us already signed up under the Fiberglass group.  Glad to have you join us if you can!

I haven't attended the balloon festival since 2014.  It was fairly small at that time, but I suspect it has grown. 

Pauler

Hi Jon

Yes I made a reservation for the fireworks and camping.  There will be 2 other couples joining us too.  You know Dan and Chris.   I'm sure you met Frank and Barbara last February at the Quartzsite rally.  They have a big foot and they were in our little white rock wall compound!

Thanks and see you in a few months.