Sign in to follow this  
Greg A

2020 Quartzsite Gathering

clairemr1
5 hours ago, Becky and Baxter said:

It’s so funny reading about people who do this! My grandparents had an Airstream when I was a kid in the 60’s. They pulled it with a super long boat of a car. They would leave every fall and head to the desert in Arizona and spend the entire winter. I could never fully understand how they could do that! I know they had friends they met who they’d see every year. This explains a lot and helps me imagine how and what they were doing out there in the desert for months. :thumbup:

when i was a working stiff, the rv life was really off my radar. i knew of "old folks" who did it, but never identified with them or knew what i was missing. my focus was elsewhere.now that i'm an "old folk" i am just sorry it took me so long to figure out what i've been missing. best life EVER, thanks to my casita................

• Like 3

Lanns

Following.  Hope to go

budgetbob

Missed it last year.  It was too cold down south so we stayed in Washington.  We plan on being there this year weather permitting.

• Like 1

Boojie-Woojie

You are right it was cold, but Quartzsite was the warmest place in all that part of the Sourhwest. Overall it was warmer than the year before. It was cold enough all around us that we just stayed put in Quartzsite...

Spongelander

Not only was it cold, but rainy as well, heck, it snowed in Scottsdale.  We like to fish Alamo Lake, east of the Colorado - it received so much rain that it went up 11'  in one day (wiped out the fishing). But there were many nice days as well. The Southwest has two rainy seasons - Jan/Feb and monsoon season, in summer. Quartzsite and other dry desert places are the best place to escape actual water falling from the sky. Alamo Lake is only 1200', but we regularly saw morning frost - which simply evaporated into the dry air, rather than melting. 

allenmarie

Q2020 is on our calendar!

Allen & Marie

Boojie-Woojie

Come to think of it we got a little sprinkle a couple of days last year, too.

Joy A

My new pup Olive/Ollie and I will be there.  It’s been about 5 years since I last attended 

We are full timing now, that is if we can ever get out of town, Sonora Ca.  June fractured my hip, August got Olive and next week she gets spade.  Our Blastoff date is now Dec 1st

See you folks there

Hey Gene, wait til you see my new Ride.   Last I saw you, you gave me a bad time about still having the Jeep Cherokee, had it 26yrs 220,000 miles

• Like 1

Jeweltea

This will be our first boondocking trip. We're looking at getting a portable waste water tank and also finding a septic service that will come to the site. Does anyone have recommendations on what works with a Casita. I've been having trouble locating a portable tank that is shallow enough to be lower than the trailer to ensure a downward flow. 

Boojie-Woojie

Don’t worry about it. It’s only six miles into town. For forty dollars you can have a honey dipper truck come to you. If you get several people, you can split the cost.

• Like 2

clairemr1
18 hours ago, Jeweltea said:

This will be our first boondocking trip. We're looking at getting a portable waste water tank and also finding a septic service that will come to the site. Does anyone have recommendations on what works with a Casita. I've been having trouble locating a portable tank that is shallow enough to be lower than the trailer to ensure a downward flow. 

i debated too, decided not to buy anything & boondocked easily in quartzsite for nearly 7 weeks. in addition to the septic truck service boojie-woojie mentioned above, it's easy to drive in to town every couple of weeks or so to dump, fill up propane, fill up with water. in fact, there's a cool place there (can't recall the name, someone help us out here please) that has lines available at their site for what services you need & they include all services. you can also buy a cheap jiggle siphon for $10.00 & refill your fresh tank yourself if you want to eliminate paying for that service. you'll be fine. quartzsite is all about rvs & offer all the services you'll need. have fun..........

• Thanks 1

Boojie-Woojie

Pitstop in Quartzsite.

• Thanks 2

jerryc
On 10/29/2019 at 5:36 PM, Jeweltea said:

As Claire said, I would leave the blue boy at home.  It's so easy to run into town to the Pit Stop once a week or so.  You can dump, fill up with water, and get propane if needed; all at one place.  Last year the Pit Stop charged $7.00 for a Casita to dump, and $2.00 to fill a 25 gallon water tank and two seven gallon water jugs. 

• Like 1

fredee
10 hours ago, clairemr1 said:

you can also buy a cheap jiggle siphon for $10.00 & refill your fresh tank yourself

And what's the source of the water?  Do you bring it?

clairemr1
7 hours ago, fredee said:

And what's the source of the water?  Do you bring it?

if you stay in one of the long term areas, you get free water, dump, trash disposal.

• Thanks 1