Sign in to follow this  
Hidalga

2020 Green Eggs & Ham

Hidalga

Green Eggs and Ham X – March 11-15, 2020

Learn all about this 10-Year Anniversary Rally at:

http://www.rvcompass.com/GEHrally/

Registration Update

In Mid-September, we’re planning to open registration for a milestone rally, the 10-year anniversary of Green Eggs and Ham!

Taking place in a new Alabama campground location From March 11-15, 2020, we’re prepping for the largest gathering ever.

Spend a week next March to get your green on with other leprechauns in the woods along an active Alabama waterfront, the Aliceville Lake/Tombigbee River in the Pickensville COE Campground.

Initially a Casita/molded fiberglass trailer gathering, Green Eggs and Ham has grown to be one of the largest annual southeast rallies that welcomes all Egg brands…as well as other campers. Just bring your green! (and a few Dr. Seuss books if you’d like).

We found a YouTube video posted by a tent camper, Frazier Douglass, who stayed at the Pickensville Campground. If you haven't been to this campground yet, the video gives you an idea of the campground setting and of the barge and vessel activity along the Tombigbee River.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ayKhCSFOhU&feature=youtu.be

GEH2020.jpg

Hidalga

RV Compass no longer managing GE&H

RV Compass was set to release a reservation form for Green Eggs and Ham next week when recreation.gov shuts the Pickensville campground's site down for the winter. The system was set up to have individual sites assigned for the rally.

We were initially informed that Pickensville wouldn't have their reservation system open for next year right now, but apparently they do and this has proven to be a SNAFU for us, as some individuals jumped the gun.

Some people have bypassed instructions for reservations and already taken the prime sites near the event pavilion. These sites were going to first be offered to the event leads, because they're the volunteers who need to be close to the pavilion for their supplies and managing their events.

RV Compass is no longer managing the 2020 Green Eggs and Ham due to the current lack of control for sites, and some people's inability to wait for a collaborative registration system. Please refer to www.casitaforum.com as far as how the rally will be directed from here.

tenbears
1 hour ago, Hidalga said:

RV Compass no longer managing GE&H

RV Compass was set to release a reservation form for Green Eggs and Ham next week when recreation.gov shuts the Pickensville campground's site down for the winter. The system was set up to have individual sites assigned for the rally.

We were initially informed that Pickensville wouldn't have their reservation system open for next year right now, but apparently they do and this has proven to be a SNAFU for us, as some individuals jumped the gun.

Some people have bypassed instructions for reservations and already taken the prime sites near the event pavilion. These sites were going to first be offered to the event leads, because they're the volunteers who need to be close to the pavilion for their supplies and managing their events.

RV Compass is no longer managing the 2020 Green Eggs and Ham due to the current lack of control for sites, and some people's inability to wait for a collaborative registration system. Please refer to www.casitaforum.com as far as how the rally will be directed from here.

Hidalga, if you are reading this you are already on the Casita Forum, so how will the Green Eggs and Ham rally be directed?

Hidalga

We are no longer managing this rally. It is up to the participants and the original initiator, Huevo Movil, to dictate where it goes from here.

• Thanks 1

NASA42

Folks......

I certainly would refuse to take responsibility for any event if the ability to secure and maintain decent controls was  blatantly undercut .  A sad situation.  

Frank  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Huevo Movil

This is a very unfortunate situation. It appears that the "It's all about me" syndrome has infiltrated the site as well! Hidalga has done an outstanding job in providing information and guidance on ALL events, yet there are obviously some that cannot follow directions and guidance. I cannot and will not fault her and/or RVCompass for not taking responsibility for the event. This event was taking additional coordination efforts that exceeded those of past rallies. All you had to do is READ and FOLLOW directions folks! Now it's to late, as apparently some folks actions have upset the coordination relationship between the park and RVCompass! I have not spoken to Hidalga as of yet due to communication challenges on my end, but I am in FULL agreement and fully support her decision. There's more to preparing a Thanksgiving meal, than just picking up a roasted chicken at Boston Market! :crying-face: Best. Regretfully Shorty sends...

• Confused 2

clairemr1
5 hours ago, Huevo Movil said:

This is a very unfortunate situation. It appears that the "It's all about me" syndrome has infiltrated the site as well! Hidalga has done an outstanding job in providing information and guidance on ALL events, yet there are obviously some that cannot follow directions and guidance. I cannot and will not fault her and/or RVCompass for not taking responsibility for the event. This event was taking additional coordination efforts that exceeded those of past rallies. All you had to do is READ and FOLLOW directions folks! Now it's to late, as apparently some folks actions have upset the coordination relationship between the park and RVCompass! I have not spoken to Hidalga as of yet due to communication challenges on my end, but I am in FULL agreement and fully support her decision. There's more to preparing a Thanksgiving meal, than just picking up a roasted chicken at Boston Market! :crying-face: Best. Regretfully Shorty sends...

so shorty, since you've been the rally host in the past, what's going to happen to it in 2020? are you planning to host it again at the original or different campground?

• Like 1

Huevo Movil

clairemr1 I AM DONE! If someone wants to step in and  carry the rally forward, more power to them. I am not hosting anything. Best. Shorty sends... BTW I am and will always be an original...  Best. Shorty sends...

clairemr1
8 minutes ago, Huevo Movil said:

clairemr1 I AM DONE! If someone wants to step in and  carry the rally more power to them. Best. Shorty sends... BTW I am an Original.

i understand, shorty. many rallies suffer the same fate when the original rally hosts decide to stop hosting them. we faced the same issue with pineknot rally here in texas. fortunately, friends dave & linda allen have taken over. don & betsy are debating the future of their southern utah tour & haven't found anyone to take over for them, as far as i know. maybe someone will step up & take over ge & h. i heard only good things when you were hosting it & was looking forward to attending at some point & meeting you. oh well, time will tell...........

• Like 2

Huevo Movil
Friends and fellow campers, we’ve had a good run with Green Eggs and Ham (GE&H). The gathering started at Millers Ferry in Camden, AL then moved to Gunter Hill in Montgomery, finally moving to Pickensville for this 10th anniversary.

Unfortunately, we won't see Pickensville COE come to its full 10-year fruition. A few folks raised fears and doubts during all of these relocations, but they've always embraced the final product. As Mr. Albert Einstein stated, “Failure is success in progress.”

The collective “we” have failed on this latest effort. I will not beat a dead horse on the reasons. You're a member of the RV community and you have options. I value everyone’s opinion, but we can't please everyone, especially when the immense efforts of coordination are not followed.

GE&H has grown beyond initial expectations and it has become to time consuming to manage. GE&H started as a Free Range event. I and others believe it is time to return to our roots. You can go to the initial park, go to Gunter Hill near Montgomery, or go to Pickensville COE. GE&H has grown so huge, it has to fraction off for now. Stay tuned to the website for potential future developments. Like a bad penny we might be back...

I want to thank Hidalga and ALL of the volunteers who I called the "Step Up Clan,"  you know who you are, because you where always ready to help and made this event GREAT! I hope that the event will not die off... and that some one will join the "Step Up Clan" and take over to enable a delayed 10th iteration or it's 11th iteration...  I personally am staying original, just like Pepsi. Hope to see you there. As Dr. Seuss says on the rally Website, “From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.” 

All the Best to everyone! Shorty sends...
  • Like 3

Huevo Movil
14 hours ago, clairemr1 said:

i understand, shorty. many rallies suffer the same fate when the original rally hosts decide to stop hosting them. we faced the same issue with pineknot rally here in texas. fortunately, friends dave & linda allen have taken over. don & betsy are debating the future of their southern utah tour & haven't found anyone to take over for them, as far as i know. maybe someone will step up & take over ge & h. i heard only good things when you were hosting it & was looking forward to attending at some point & meeting you. oh well, time will tell...........

Sent you a message through this medium. Best. Shorty sends...

• Thanks 1

rgill

Hay SHORTY, just ONE question;

Which park are we going to, why did we change, how many sites do they have, can I get a site close to the rest room, how much does it cost, do I need to bring firewood, which site is that joker on, can we double up, how far is it from my house, when should I be there, what date is the chili mixer, what time is the chili mixer, do I need to bring a gift for the drawing, are we going to have games, can we have a parade to see other trailers, can I bring my SOB yellow trailer, are there parking spaces by the pavilion, will we have jumbliah, does it have shellfish in it, what day, what time, Who’s in charge of that, why didn’t they clean the leaves off my site, will there be music, is Xxxx here, will we get together next year, when, is it for Casitas only, where do I register, are you packing heat, can I ride with you AND, can you post your answer on the GE&H web site, send the answer via. e-mail, text message & post card?

Ray

P.S. Call me and let me know.    :innocent:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Huevo Movil

Your killing me mister! These are the exact reasons I'm done!!! Send me your number via PM and I'll ring you later today, early evening if that's OK?

• Like 2

rgill
4 minutes ago, Huevo Movil said:

Your killing me mister! These are the exact reasons I'm done!!! Send me your number via PM and I'll ring you later today, early evening if that's OK?

That isn't necessary, I was joking. All that kind of stuff would have driven me crazy, but I'm already there.

Thanks for all you've done.  If our health holds up we hope to be there just to visit all our friends.

Ray

• Like 1

Huevo Movil
1 hour ago, rgill said:

That isn't necessary, I was joking. All that kind of stuff would have driven me crazy, but I'm already there.

Thanks for all you've done.  If our health holds up we hope to be there just to visit all our friends.

Ray

I knew that but I still want to talk to you if possible?