Sign in to follow this  
Hidalga

2020 Green Eggs & Ham

rgill
2 minutes ago, Huevo Movil said:

I knew that but I still want to talk to you if possible?

OK just call.  BTW I forgot to ask, Will we have cell phone service, do they have free wi-fi, How is television there, will the big boats scare Pickles, who can help me fix my trailer, what if I get snake bit, and how old was grandma when she died?

Ray

• Haha 1

rgill
40 minutes ago, Huevo Movil said:

I knew that but I still want to talk to you if possible?

Call any time.

Ray

Huevo Movil

What is your phone number?

rgill
5 minutes ago, Huevo Movil said:

What is your phone number?

Kip in Ga.

We so much enjoyed the several GE@H we attended. Especially the last 3 or so.  Going to really miss the colorful and informative web site. Jeanene has a great knack at such things and makes it look so easy.  Undoubtedly a lot of effort was put into Pickensville.  And it would have most likely been the best rally yet.

All is not necessarily lost. Folks can still meet there and enjoy friendship that comes with camping. Some of the most fun we have had were at "Gatherings".  Nothing at all planned except for the dates. A leader somehow always emerges and events occur. Might be nothing more than gathering around a fire and telling stories,  or some talented individual with a guitar spinning some tunes. 

Pickensville is a bit far for me to tow any longer. So we weren't going to attend .  A couple of us have decided to meet up at Gunter Hill 03/11-03/15 and just enjoy the beautiful campground, and a few easy days relaxing. Maybe go over to Prattville for some meals.

Could be some others are thinking the same way, as there are 10 or so sites reserved for those dates, as of a couple of hours ago!..   I do hope that Shorty and Jeanene and the many great  volunteers that made GE&H such a success can understand how much that great rally meant to so many people.

God be with you all. 

kip

• Like 1

Hidalga
5 hours ago, rgill said:

OK just call.  BTW I forgot to ask, Will we have cell phone service, do they have free wi-fi, How is television there, will the big boats scare Pickles, who can help me fix my trailer, what if I get snake bit, and how old was grandma when she died?

Ray

These are all very important questions! That's good Ray, very good.

When can I stop laughing? :clap:

Huevo Movil
2 hours ago, Kip in Ga. said:

We so much enjoyed the several GE@H we attended. Especially the last 3 or so.  Going to really miss the colorful and informative web site. Jeanene has a great knack at such things and makes it look so easy.  Undoubtedly a lot of effort was put into Pickensville.  And it would have most likely been the best rally yet.

All is not necessarily lost. Folks can still meet there and enjoy friendship that comes with camping. Some of the most fun we have had were at "Gatherings".  Nothing at all planned except for the dates. A leader somehow always emerges and events occur. Might be nothing more than gathering around a fire and telling stories,  or some talented individual with a guitar spinning some tunes. 

Pickensville is a bit far for me to tow any longer. So we weren't going to attend .  A couple of us have decided to meet up at Gunter Hill 03/11-03/15 and just enjoy the beautiful campground, and a few easy days relaxing. Maybe go over to Prattville for some meals.

Could be some others are thinking the same way, as there are 10 or so sites reserved for those dates, as of a couple of hours ago!..   I do hope that Shorty and Jeanene and the many great  volunteers that made GE&H such a success can understand how much that great rally meant to so many people.

God be with you all. 

kip

Thanks Kip for the kind words. Things happen for a reason. I'm staying original! Best tours as well. Shorty sends...

steve dunham

We attended GE&H several times and in our opinion Shorty did an excellent job 

Trying to replace Shorty would be a daunting and difficult task for anyone especially when the participants choose not to cooperate.

I hope the rally does not come to an end because the few screwed it up for the many

Dan in sc

I agree with you we had a great time there last year 

jerryc

First, I want to thank Shorty and Jeannine for all the work they have done the past years. We're plank holders in the GE&H, having attended all nine previous events, and know the work involved in putting together such an event.  We were really looking forward to Pickensville.

But, I feel that I have to take up for those that made early reservations. From the first gathering at Millers Ferry, there have always been folks that arrive up to ten days early to camp and visit with friends.  We have always been a member of that group, and would have been guilty this time but for being out of pocket.  I went back through the posts announcing the 10th. anniversary gathering at Pickensville, and have found nothing asking folks not to reserve a campsite early.  All I could find said registration would open in September, and stand by for further notice.  Making reservations, and registration are two different things.

I'm so sorry this has happened, and wish there was a way to go back, but it appears the damage is done.

• Thanks 2

PRTexas

We haven't attended regularly because of family and schedule conflicts but had fun when we did  - even the year it was so freezing COLD.  I don't know the background of this year's plans but thought I'd mention that since this is a public facility it's possible that some of the early reservations could be non-Casita folks totally unrelated to GEH.  Hope lots of folks get a chance for a Gathering.  They're fun too.

Reine

Huevo Movil

Hello folks Shorty here, early in the morning. I want to let you know that I accept full responsibility for the ongoing 2020 rally SNAFU. I am very sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Regrettably many actions and reactions have forced us to “scramble” the 2020 rally this year.

First, I ask that we not get into a who shot John situation. I promise you that we will look into the root cause and develop/implement streamlined pre-rally processes for 2021. These actions will culminate with a KILLER rally in 2021. I promise you this!

Second, go out and enjoy yourself at either Millers Ferry, Gunter Hill, Pickensville or the park of your choice. Although we will be separated physically in 2020, I ask you keep the GE&H spirit alive with drink and merriment. When we started at Millers Ferry, simplicity was the word of the day and it provided the right path for us to experience unprecedented growth.  Or so we thought… Good meals and activities were had and lasting friendships were solidified. So much so that we went from a handful of participants to over 100+ rigs at one point. Ahaaa the good ole days!

To the “plank holders,” I am very sorry for this situation. You have supported and provided me much sage advice and guidance throughout the years. You know who you are. To others thank you for your support as well. I value each and every one of you.

Please feel free to contact me via this medium or at huevo_movil @ com if I can be of any assistance.

In closing, I promise you this, the 2021 rally, will return to basics! Trust me, no I’m not from the government. All the best to each and everyone of you and hope to see you out there!

God Bless you and God Bless America!

Best. As always, Shorty sends...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kip in Ga.

Well said Shorty!  

FWIW:  Wondering if new threads would be beneficial to promote  "GATHERINGS" at 1 or more of the 3 parks mentioned above.  Maybe even for GH&H DATES.  THEY COULD BE GOING ON SIMULTANEOUSLY ?

Folks could gather at their favorite park, that way. 

Once GATHERED the attendees could decide what they might like to do. 

There is always someone that is familiar with the surrounding area. Places to eat, things to see, and shopping. 

Might work?

Huevo Movil

Kip good idea. I'll consider you as the lead that action. I am not commenting on any future/further dates until I've discussed this with Hidalg. Post meeting we will provide decisions and potential future dates. Thanks as always. Best. Shorty sends,,,

Kip in Ga.
5 hours ago, Huevo Movil said:

Kip good idea. I'll consider you as the lead that action. I am not commenting on any future/further dates until I've discussed this with Hidalg. Post meeting we will provide decisions and potential future dates. Thanks as always. Best. Shorty sends,,,