Sign in to follow this  
rgill

New Year Get Togather 2019

rgill

Dennis & Linda are doing the planning this year.

Connie and I plan to be in Salt Springs Dec. 19 til Jan. 2.

We Have lots of Casita friends we would like to see.

Casper

New Year’s at the Springs Rally

It’s almost time to make reservations for the New Year’s Rally at Salt Springs Recreation Area near Ft, McCoy, Florida. The website for reservations is: https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233920. The campground has full hookups and great facilities. There is even wireless internet service. The staff are friendly and will deliver firewood to your site.

We originally were a group of Casita people, but everyone is welcome. The rally is informal. We like to have evening campfires. One night is a potluck supper and we go out for a seafood one night. It is a good time to make new friends and learn about our campers.

There are no specific dates for the Rally. We will be there Dec 26th and leave Jan 2nd. We are only 100 miles away so it is easy.  

Judy Colorado

This sounds good.  I will be on my way to FL to spend 6wks so would love to stop and spend a couple of days.  Do you know when we need to register?

Judy

DeBreez

I put it on my calendar, let's see if I can get a site.

borderbrae

Judy, you should try now to get a site, and keep trying in case someone cancels. From what I remember folks tend to try to get sites 9-22. I was in #21 a couple of years.

Trog

I just called and was told they don't take reservations for those dates, Dec. 28-Jan.2.  Walkup only.  Salt Springs Recreation Area.

Also I could find no way online to make reservations, view a site map, or anything useful. 

Have I gone brain dead unknowingly?

If so, please don't let me know.

Walt

jcarder
3 hours ago, Trog said:

I just called and was told they don't take reservations for those dates, Dec. 28-Jan.2.  Walkup only.  Salt Springs Recreation Area.

Also I could find no way online to make reservations, view a site map, or anything useful. 

Have I gone brain dead unknowingly?

If so, please don't let me know.

Walt

Walt,

Try this.    https://www.google.com/search?q=salt+springs+recreation+area+campsite+photos&oq=Salt+Springs+Recreation+Area.&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0l5.6676j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

John

borderbrae

You can't book more than 6 months ahead of time, you'd have to wait until after June 28 to book for Dec, 28. You need to use Recreation.gov, Salt Springs Recreation area, camping. 

DeBreez

Booked site 22, 12/26-29. See y'all there!

mbeck123

I just made a reservation through  www.recreation.gov  for site  25.      I will be arriving on 12/28  and leaving on January 2nd.

I have a request: Although I have attended this even before,  I don't remember anyone's name other than Ray, Connie and Pickels . Sorry!  I have been on the Facebook "Casita Owners" site a great deal in 2019 and eveyone uses their given  name.  On the Forum, people use nicknames.  That doesn't help my older brain learn names...

Therefore, I invite anyone who feels comfortable to use their name so that I will know you when I see you.  Just a thought.

Best,

Martha Beck

Charleston, SC.

clairemr1
1 hour ago, mbeck123 said:

I just made a reservation through  www.recreation.gov  for site  25.      I will be arriving on 12/28  and leaving on January 2nd.

I have a request: Although I have attended this even before,  I don't remember anyone's name other than Ray, Connie and Pickels . Sorry!  I have been on the Facebook "Casita Owners" site a great deal in 2019 and eveyone uses their given  name.  On the Forum, people use nicknames.  That doesn't help my older brain learn names...

Therefore, I invite anyone who feels comfortable to use their name so that I will know you when I see you.  Just a thought.

Best,

Martha Beck

Charleston, SC.

it's always nice when folks wear nametags at these rallies that include their "real names" as well as their "forum names". really helps me recognize folks i've come to know here & on other sites. including pet names helps too as i tend to remember the dog/cat more than the owner, lol!

true story. i attended a rally in washington state a few yrs ago, sat down next to a man with dogs because they were friendly, playful toward merlin. we introduced ourselves, no recognition. a few minutes later, i said something like "come here, merlin". the man said "is that merlin, excellent schnoodle? are you clairemr1?". yes to both questions. he then told me his forum "name" & i immediately remembered his posts here, i always enjoy reading his comments. i try to exchange business cards with folks i make stronger connections with, then write on the card the date/rally/other location where we met & anything else of interest regarding the persons. the more rallies/the more people you meet, remembering both their "real names" & their "screen names" becomes easier. enjoy your travels & rallies............