Sign in to follow this  
Earl A

April Fools Gathering - Bodega Bay, CA - April 1-6,2020

Earl A

Announcing

2020 April Fools Gathering

April 1 - 6, 2020

Westside Regional Park at Bodega Bay, California has been selected as the site for this year’s April Fools gathering.  (April 1 - 6, 2020)   This park meets the necessary needs for a gathering:

1.  reservations for site specific.  2.  Water available.  3.  Dump station on site. .   The park is located in a cleared area with a few trees right on Bodega Bay.  It could get foggy and/or breezy or even raining like it did last year.  (It is on the California coast, after all!)  Let’s hope the weather will cooperate!   In researching reviews I find that they range anywhere from 5 stars down to 1 star, with the most stars averaging 4.  The park has potable water, coin operated showers, flush toilets, and a dump station. (Reviews mention a $7 fee for use of dump station).  There are NO RV Hookups.  When you go to the website you can see which sites are available and also see a photograph of that site.

This will be a simple gathering with no planned activities.  You may act as your own weekend guide.  Of course, that doesn’t mean spontaneous activities won’t occur.  There’s lots to do in the area.  Fees paid at Westside are valid at Doran Beach Park, around the corner from Westside.  Doran Regional Park features a wide, 2-mile stretch of beach on Bodega Bay and is ideal for walking, picnicking, playing in the sand, flying kites, surfing, and bird-watching. Walk along the shoreline or meander through grassy dunes that connect with the Bird Walk Coastal Access Trail

You will need to make your own site reservations.  The “official” gathering dates are April 1 - 6.   Several folks may arrive a day or two earlier than that. Cost for camping is $32/night, with non-refundable $9.50 reservation fee.  Reservations are available three days to one year in advance.  Payment is due at the time of booking.   At the time of this notice (October 8, 2019) there were 17 sites available, out of 48.  Reservations may be made:

Online at SonomaCountyCamping.org

By calling (707)565-2267 from 10am - 3pm Monday-Friday

If we have piqued your interest, we hope you will join us.  Seventeen folks have already reserved their sites.   When you have made a reservation:  Please let me know which site and which days you will be there.  You can contact me by PM at this website.       - - Earl A

John in Santa Cruz

We just reserved site 17 for april 1-5, John and Ruth Pierce, escape 21 pulled by a white F250 longbed.

hope to see ya all there!!

mountaingoat

I went there a million years ago when I was a young kid. It was a really cool area, but my main memory was of the cold non-stop wind. It's a beautiful place for sure and I love how the campground is situated in relation to the bay and open ocean.

Spongelander

Bodega Bay? It's for "The Birds."

:) 

Lovely place. Wish we could make it. Take a picture at Heart's Delight Beach for us. 

Joy A

Olive and I will be there out by the water